1. What is a watershed?
2. Do you live in a watershed?
3. What is the name of your watershed?
4. How are watersheds named?
5. What is the Mississippi River Basin?
6. What are the east and west boundaries of the Mississippi River
7. Where does the water from your watershed finally end up?
Write Your Watershed Address
Gather information using the resources and links
listed below. Then print the handout, write your own watershed
address in the form, and answer the quiz questions.
What is the name of the local stream or creek
near where you live?
If you don't know, you can find out by using local maps such as
highway maps or county maps. Or you can find it on Topozone.
To use Topozone, click the link below. In the search form, type
the name of your town and choose your state and county from the
dropdown menu, then click on search. http://topozone.com