Watersheds Knowledge Quiz
1. What is a watershed?
2. Do you live in a watershed?
3. What is the name of your watershed?
4. How are watersheds named?
5. What is the Mississippi River Basin?
6. What are the east and west boundaries of the Mississippi River Basin?
7. Where does the water from your watershed finally end up?
Write Your Watershed Address
Print the student handout. You are going to gather information using resources and links. Then write your own watershed address in the form, and answer the quiz questions.
- Look at the sample watershed address below.
- How is a street address different from a watershed address?
- Can watersheds cross county and state lines?
Links and Resources:
Look for information in these pages. Each link will open in a new window. Close the window to return to this page.
- What is the name of the local stream or creek near where you live?
If you don't know, you can find out by using local maps such as highway maps or county maps. Or you can find it on Topozone. To use Topozone, click the link below. In the search form, type the name of your town and choose your state and county from the dropdown menu, then click on search. http://topozone.com/findplace.asp
|Teacher's Guide |
| Sample Watershed Address |
Ava Middle School
507 NW 3rd St.
|Local stream/creek: Prairie Creek |
|Larger stream/creek: Beaver Creek |
|Large stream/river: White River |
|Major river: Mississippi River |
Country: United States
|Ocean/Gulf: Gulf of Mexico |
Thanks to Annie Drysdale, Environmental Science teacher,
Ozarks Technical College, for the Watersheds Knowledge Quiz.